Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Your calling is calling

Well, have you ever been to one of those Church services where it was like the Pastor was talking directly to you, or more like, AT you?

The title of the new sermon our Pastor was to deliver this past Sunday was titled, "Hearing his Voice". Well, if you saw my post last week, I had been talking about how I haven't heard GOD's voice talk to me and I have been doing what I thought I was supposed to do and sort of, "awaiting further instruction" so to speak.

Ontop of all this, the Pastor was very vocal about the musicians in the band and how what a gift it is, and to not waste it,,,,you get the picture. So, I am like looking around for the Candid Camera crew to come rushing out or something like that.

In any case at the end of the service, he invited anyone down to the alter to talk to GOD and to ask about him and invite him back into your life, so I did. I prayed and asked for him to speak to me if he wanted me to do further be a voice for him, and if so, please give me some sort of sign,(insert Steve Martin's the man w/ 2 Brains moment here), about how he would want this, and just let me go.

So far, things have been quiet, but I think that something may be happening soon, I am going to start to be more involved in the Music Industry and do some home recording w/ the kids and get them involved and inspired as well.

I played the guitar the other day and pulled out a few good emotions and played a bit differently than I have previously so my mind is feeling free a bit which is good, (kinda had a "writers block" verison of guitar playing for while).

So, going to start writing some songs and feel the calling to start playing w/ like minded musicians again, that always seems to wake up any stale old musty vibes.

So, until next time, I hope you are all well and I have a heck of a project coming up in the backyard, clearing brush and trees, I love it.

Joshua

7 comments:

Shark Bait said...

Be careful how you offer yourself to God, he has a tendency to take you up on it. :-)

Glad to read this post though. Good luck with it. (And don't work too hard in the yard.)

<-SB><

~*Michelle*~ said...

Oh, I'll be cracking the whip on him, SB.....no doubt about that. We are hoping/planning/praying for some baby goats in the spring and we need a bigger barn for them.

And I know God has GREAT plans for you, Babe.....He has blessed you with an amazing gift of music and making people smile. Just those two blessing alone equal a great mission.

xox

Joey said...

Listen to this..."For God's gifts and His call are irrevocable. [He never withdraws them when once they are given,and He does not change His mind about those whom He gives His grace or to whom He sends His call.]" Romans 11:29 Amplified Bible
It's like a slap on the back of the head ain't it?!? I know exactly where you are. I am there with ministry and writing. If you need some accountability, or a slap, just let me know. To fan the flame, read my latest post. Blessings!

Heart2Heart said...

I love the fact that God is inspiring you to begin to use your talents that you had put away in that closet for some time. Isn't it just amazing what an altar call can do??

I am following your wife's blog and she suggested I come on over to check yours out. I love what you have written and perhaps you may stop over and become part of our family. My hubby has taken up blogging as is our oldest daughter.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat
Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Kat said...

Dude! You had me at the talking to you. We often joke about the spouse calling up the Pastor and telling him what to preach about it because there are sermons that just hit that close to home. Praise God for knowing our needs and getting on top of it.

Kat said...

Hi, there.

I am taking care of some "blog housekeeping". I posted an award to you on September 6th. I was out of town for the better part of the month and so I was not able to notify everyone as I normally would. Stop by and grab it when you have a minute!

Kat

prashant said...

Glad to read this post though. Good luck with it. (And don't work too hard in the yard.)

Work from home